|Global Survivor 9: Russia|
|Host:||Bo as Jeff Probst|
|Date Began:||March 4, 2008|
|Date Finished:||April 16, 2008|
|# of Contestants:||17 Players|
|PreMerge Tribes:|| Maya|
|Global Survivor 20:||Ibrehem|
Production Information Edit
Sign Ups for 16 players began February 28, 2008. Reservations were not allowed. People were allowed to sign up as their favorite Survivor castaway from any season of any country. No character that had already been played in a previous season of this series could be chosen again. There were no other limitations on who they could pick to play as.
Check Ins for the players began on March 2, 2008. There were no replacements. The game then began on March 4, 2008.
Game Summary Edit
Series Twist: Players were trying to conquer the world. In this specific season they were trying to conquer Russia. To be successful at this goal they needed to defeat both each other AND the ruler of the country at the time (Vladimir Putin). At some point in the game the country's ruler would hold a census, giving them the chance to remove someone of their choosing from the game who did not sign said census. The leader would then enter the game as a player.
Season Twist: Each and every time players were sent to Tribal Council they had to play Russian Roulette. There were 20 guns to choose from each time and no vote was accepted unless they had chosen a gun. It was first come, first served. Only one gun had a bullet and if they chose it they were out of the game immediately while TC was cancelled.
@Final 16 players were placed into 2 tribes of 8.
@Final 11 players were sent to a Double TC.
@Final 9 players merged into a single tribe.
@Final 9 Putin entered the game, becoming the NuFinal 10.
@NuFinal 6 2 immunities were up for grabs instead of 1.
@NuFinal 2 players reached Finale, facing 7 Jurors.
|Placing||Played As||Alumni||Tribes||Elimination||Total Votes||NP Points|
|3rd||Courtney||Brookeberry2001||Voted Out 1-0||1||+57|
|5th||Joel||Janellesfan1||Voted Out 3-1-1||6||+34|
|6th||Dave||Darknees||Voted Out 3-3||9||+28|
|8th||Putin||JayMeNooTun||Voted Out 6-2||6||+21|
|9th||Sandra||Pacman1330||Voted Out 8-0||8||+19|
|11th||Tina||Sublimeoqwee||Voted Out 2-1||3||+15|
|13th||Anthony||Amunnakagoofyguy10||Voted Out 3-1||4||+13|
|14th||Vecepia||Zekem834||Voted Out 4-1||4||+12|
|16th||Jason||Jillian_xox||Voted Out 4-3||4||+11|
|17th||Adam||Baronbbman||Voted Out 5-1-1-1||5||+10|
Based on the Survival Average used at True Dork Times.
- This ORG introduced 4 new Alumni: Amunnakagoofyguy10, Baronbbman, Brookeberry2001 & Soccerguy5887.
- The Maya tribe was named after Maya Plisetskaya, the Prima Ballerina Assoluta of the Bolshoi Theatre.
- The Tolstoy tribe was named after Leo Tolstoy, the author of War and Peace.
- The Lenin tribe was named after Vladimir Lenin, the Premier of the Soviet Union from 1922 to 1924.
- Had Yael not been shot in TC3, the vote would've gone...4-Sandra, 1-Vecepia & 1-Dave.
- Had Christa not been shot in TC8, the vote would've gone...7-Christa & 2-Nicola.
- Had Erik not been shot in TC11, the vote would've gone...6-Joel & 1-Ibrehem.
- Had Sherea not been shot in TC14, the vote would've gone...2-Ibrehem & 2-Sherea.
Season 1 | Season 2 | Season 3 | Season 4 | Season 5 | Season 6 | Season 7 | Season 8 | Season 9 | Season 10 | Season 11